Hart and Fountain Tabbed As Philadelphia Big 5 Players of the Week
Feb. 14, 2017
Men’s Player of the Week
The Philadelphia Big 5 honored Josh Hart (Sr., G) of Villanova as the Big 5 Men’s Player of the Week. Hart averaged 18.0 points and 7.0 rebounds per game in a 2-0 week for the Wildcats, which included a victory at No. 24 Xavier on Saturday.
Men’s Honor Roll
- B.J. Johnson averaged 22.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.5 steals in a 1-1 week for La Salle. Johnson had 26 points, eight rebounds, three assists and three steals in a 67-52 win over Fordham.
- AJ Brodeur (Fr., F) was the only Penn player to score in double figures in all three games last week. He led the Quakers with a double-double in their Ivy League win over Columbia on Friday, and followed that performance with 15 points in a win against Cornell on Sunday.
- Quinton Rose (Fr., G/F) averaged 15.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals in a 1-1 week for Temple. He made his first collegiate start against Memphis, scoring 18 points and securing six rebounds in a 74-62 win.
Women’s Player of the Week
- The Philadelphia Big 5 honored Donnaizha Fountain (Jr., G) of Temple as the Big 5 Women’s Player of the Week. She averaged a double-double in a 2-0 week for the Owls. Fountain had 17 points and nine rebounds in 29 minutes of work against Tulsa. She followed that up with 19 points and a game-best 12 rebounds in a win over East Carolina.
Women’s Honor Roll
- Amy Griffin (Jr., G/F) had 19 points and 11 rebounds for La Salle in a win at St. Bonaventure on Tuesday night. She had another outstanding performance against Saint Joseph’s on Sunday with 24 points and nine rebounds.
- Princess Aghayere (So., F) helped Penn improve to 14-6 overall and 7-0 in Ivy League action with two wins over the weekend. Aghayere had a career-high of 21 points, while also adding six rebounds in a 64-54 win at Columbia. She tallied 12 points on 6-of-8 shooting in just 18 minutes in the win at Cornell.
- Adashia Franklyn (Jr., F) scored a team-high 15 points and grabbed seven rebounds for Saint Joseph’s in the Hawks’ game against Fordham on Thursday. Franklyn followed that performance with another team-high of 17 points, while also adding five rebounds in a victory over La Salle.
- Feyonda Fitzgerald (Sr., G) averaged 17.5 points, 7.0 assists and 6.0 rebounds for Temple, as the Owls defeated Tulsa and East Carolina. Fitzgerald nearly had the program’s first triple-double against Tulsa, when she finished with 14 points, nine rebounds and eight assists. She followed that up with game-highs of 21 points and six assists in the win over East Carolina.
- Alex Louin (Jr., G) averaged 11.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 6.5 assists in a 2-0 weekend for Villanova. Louin had 13 points and seven rebounds in a win against St. John’s and followed that up with 10 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in the Wildcats’ 87-52 win over Seton Hall.