Price, Stipanovich Earn Philadelphia Big 5 Awards
Philadelphia Big 5 Players of the Week
Men’s Player of the Week
The Philadelphia Big 5 honored Jordan Price (Sr., G) of La Salle as the Men’s Player of the Week. Price averaged 16.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.5 assists during La Salle’s two victories this week. The Explorers are now tied for second place in the Atlantic 10. Price had 23 points, seven rebounds and five assists in a 79-69 win over George Washington. He was 9-of-11 from the field and 4-for-5 from behind the arc in the game.
Men’s Honor Roll
- AJ Brodeur (Fr., F) scored in double figures for Penn in games against Yale and Brown. Broduer scored 13 points against Yale, and followed that up with 12 points, nine rebounds, four blocked shots and two assists against Brown.
- Donte DiVincenzo (R-Fr, G) led Villanova with 19 points in a 70-57 win at St. John’s. DiVincenzo averaged 14.5 points per game in a 2-0 week for the Wildcats.
Women’s Player of the Week
The Philadelphia Big 5 honored Sydney Stipanovich (Sr., C) of Penn as the Women’s Player of the Week. Stipanovich helped Penn go 2-0 on the week to give the Quakers a 9-4 overall record and a 3-0 record in the Ivy League. During the week, Stipanovich had 30 points, 17 rebounds, six assists and three blocks as Penn moved into sole possession of first place in the conference standings. She is also just 13 blocks away from becoming the Ivy League all-time leader in blocks.
Women’s Honor Roll
- Jasmine Alston (Sr., G) of La Salle averaged 6.0 points, 7.7 rebounds and 6.3 assists in three games for the Explorers last week. During Saturday’s game against Saint Joseph’s, Alston recorded a steal to give her 234 career steals and move past Jennifer McGowan (233 steals, 1988-93) as La Salle’s all-time steals leader.
- Adashia Franklyn (Jr., F) averaged a double-double for the week to led Saint Joseph’s to a pair of wins. In the Hawks’ game against VCU, Franklyn had 12 points, nine rebounds and two blocked shots. She followed that performance with 11 points and a game-high 11 rebounds to help give Saint Joseph’s a 75-55 win over La Salle.
- Donnaizha Fountain (Jr., G) had 14 points and seven rebounds in 24 minutes to help Temple defeat East Carolina. On Saturday, Fountain registered 19 points, six rebounds and five steals to lead the Owls to a win over Tulsa. She averaged 16.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.0 steals during the 2-0 week for Temple.
- Alex Louin (Jr., G) helped Villanvoa go 2-1 on the week in BIG EAST action. Louin scored 20 points, shooting 5-of-8 from the floor to help the Wildcats get past Seton Hall. The junior guard followed that up with 19 points, four rebounds, four assists, two blocks and a steal in Sunday’s win against St. John’s.